It takes place in several stages :
The obese patient is sent to us by a colleague or by mouth is oreilles.Il first saw the firm or are enrolled :
- BMI ( An impedance measurement is performed to the firm ) .
- Medical and surgical history.
- The type of feeding behavior.
- Mental state.
- Different regimes has already suffered.
- Different drugs he takes.
Then, a complete physical examination is done to look for old scars, varicose veins … In this first consultation, a good half hour is dedicated to informing the patient about the different techniques of bariatric surgery and their complications – He ask all the questions and receive written documentation that should comment at the next consultation.
The patient, if he came to himself, addressed the nutritionist.
Then he will have to:
- A comprehensive assessment of blood shortly.
- A cardiac examination (ECG + / – ultrasound of the heart).
- A chest radiograph.
- An abdominal ultrasound.
- Transit upper gastrointestinal ulcer (if ring) or a gastroscopy with biopsies (if gastric bypass or sleeve gastrectomy).
- Optionally, a pulmonary function.
Everything will end with a pre-anesthetic consultation with the anesthetist at the clinic. The patient, duly convinced and knowledgeable will undergo the procedure to be revised to be programmed.