Docteur Richard ABITTAN
Former Assistant Hospitals of Paris
Digestive and Bariatric Surgery
Endocrine and Vascular Surgery
Born August 18, 1958 Married 3 childrens
Inter-university diploma of French obesity surgery (first promotion) under the direction of the greatest experts (S.MSIKA, F.Pattou, and J.Gugenheim N.Huten).
22, Rue Najib Mahfoud (ex. Rue Ollier) Quartier Gauthier – Casablanca
phone : +212 522 22 43 78/+212 522 48 36 42
fax : +212 522 26 82 00
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org ou email@example.com
website : www.richardabittan.com et www.richardabittan-coelioscopie.com
1983-1987 : Internship Hospitals
1987-1988 : Head of Clinic. Wizard of Paris Hospitals
1988-1991 : Hospital Practitioner
1985 : Doctor of Medicine
1991-2011 : Laparoscopic surgery activity : More than 1200 operations per year (vesicles stomach-wall-Surgery-Colon-rectum, esophagus, ovaries, uterus)
2000-2015 : Activity Bariatric Surgery
- Ring (1500)
- By pass (1100)
- since 2009 Sleeve Gastrectomy (1400)
- Since 2013 – over 100 obese are made every month = 1st or 2nd hand. First hand: primary operation, 2nd hand: bariatric transformation into another.
– Indications of restrictive gastroplasty Morocco (National Congress of Surgery 2006).
– Intragastric migration of the Rings (Nice. SOFFCO 2009)
– The state of morbid obesity in Morocco (Tangier-2003)
– Place of malabsorptive surgery in diabetic patients Morocco.
– What obese for any surgery in Morocco? Maghreb Surgery conference 2010
– Inventory of Bariatric surgery in Morocco Montpellier. SOFFCO 2012)
– The course of the obese patient in Casablanca (February 2015 flap Endocrine Society)
Learned Societies :
– Member ASBMS (American Society of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery).
– Member IFSO.
– Member of the French Society of Surgery of Obesity (SOFFCO).
– Member of the French Association of Surgery (AFC).
– Member of the French Association of Endoscopic Surgery (CECS).
– Member of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery (EAES).
– Member ACLAVINE (Association of Laparoscopic Surgery and Visceral North East).
– Designation as a “International Fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery” demonstrates commitment to excellence through the participation of Doctor Abittan as an expert in Obesity Surgery.
– Professor Simon Msika. Louis Mourier Hospital (Paris, France).
– Professor François Pattou. University Hospital Lille (France).
– Dr. Solomon Benchetrit. Private Hospital Jean Mermoz. Lyon (France).
In 2014 – Dr. Richard Abittan and his team Obtained the coveted Certificate of Labeling of SO.FF.CO-MM, French and Francophone society of obesity surgery and metabolic diseases.